Kick things off with this simple crowd-pleaser (straight out of my Life Tastes Good Recipe E-Book!) Bonus: fresh tomatoes offer a respectable dose of good-for-your-skin lycopene.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in veggie broth, not water
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 15oz can corn, drained + rinsed
- 9 very large green olives, sliced thin
- 5 scallions cut into thin slices
- 10 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes (mix in last)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/2 chopped red or yellow pepper (raw or roasted)
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to: Cook quinoa, put in a large bowl and add juice of 1 lime, garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper. Mix & let cool about 20 minutes and then add and mix in all other ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serves 6.
Tasteful Tips: This tastes best when eaten within 2 days- wrap up your refrigerated leftovers in a rice/whole-grain tortilla. Get more healthy, tasty recipes here!